Operation Whitehammer

ARMA in action!
S. Willhite

Operation Whitehammer

Post by S. Willhite » Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:22 pm

V. Buzz

Re: Operation Whitehammer

Post by V. Buzz » Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:06 am

Thanks Sean for posting the video. I watched the entire OP from your perspective which was enlightening to the events and behavior as discussed during debrief. I understand your frustration with those you have issues with taking direction and that is exactly why I don't take Squad Lead role anymore.

Squad lead is easier with the right squad members. My best experience was having McVay and McHaggis in my squad. I split the seven man squad into two teams and direct them to the objective. They took care of the rest. I learn from those who have real life training and combat experiences in our Ops. I tend to squad up with those as much as I can and support any Squad lead player by taking orders even if I don't agree with them.

My worst Squad lead experience was similar to yours, I was directed to take the lead position as no one wanted it. I had two or three Rambo's that would take off 100's of meter ahead without direction, get downed, needed help, got us off mission, got use in trouble and after a while we just left them, when they took off.

I will post further comments on this matter on the Members Only forum. I will have a recommendation for in game behavior corrections for the founders and the group's comments.